This is one of the pictures that I regard as the best ones that I took during the vision trip. I can't exactly say what this door is for since I took this picture while touring Yale in an hour; however, I really like this picture as it shows the closed gate and the image of the place behind, which allows me to imagine what kind of world will it allow me to go in. Every moment of my life was full of my efforts to open up the gates in front of me. That's why I value this picture and set it as my phone background image and the first picture I write about on my blog.
Leaving elementary school which I studied in for 6 years and starting a new life as a 'middle school grader', I started to study in the library near my house every afternoon. At first, it was only to withstand the harder and more diverse subjects that I should learn in the new environment. But as I spent most of my free period on thinking about what the ultimate aim of my life is after learning Aristotle's was 'happiness' in the Ethics class, I realized all my works are for my real happiness, which I can gain whenever I'm able to help others with my abilities.
The area that I can help others the best is 'studies'. The journey of learning new things is always exciting, not just because of the feeling of achievement from good test scores or winning the competition, but because of understanding how the complex mechanism works and improving my thinking skills throughout studies. Nevertheless, I can't say that I don't get stressed with worries of getting bad results from the tests or competitions; however, I think those are the inevitable parts I should endure when I started to be more professional in an area no matter what it is. After I succeeded in clearing my ideas, I was able to focus more on every work I should do and encourage myself.
I've faced many hardships until now and I know I'll face more barriers from now on. But because I do have my objective, and for that great cause, I can't stop running.
Now, I'm on my new journey to open up the gate which will lead me to the future of studying abroad and acquire more professional studies. I can peep through crevices on it and expect for the wider environment of meeting diverse people from all over the world. As I did until now, I will put all my efforts to go into that world. I know it's going to be a hard journey, but I'm prepared and I know I will make it one day. So please stay with me til I reach my dream future!

댓글

  1. Excellent post. I like how you begin and conclude with the metaphorical gate, and indeed Yale is the type of college that opens its gates to so very few. That said, there are plenty of colleges that don't have any fences or gates (though that doesn't mean they are easy to enter), and in many cases they have far more to offer than Yale for certain students. Your writing is very thoughtful with a well spoken tone, so I look forward to reading more. For aesthetic purposes, you may wish to separate your paragraphs with a line. All in all, great way to begin your blog, and don't hesitate to write anything you want here.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Metafiction essay : Big graduation mischief

Review_1 : Black mirror season 4, episode 2, Arkangel